Arts on a Roll, a mobile, on-demand arts service, is in immediate need of visual artists and musicians/vocalists, teaching artists who are available on weekdays, and teaching artists who have experience working with people with disabilities.
Arts on a Roll is seeking artist educators in theater, performance, digital media (videographers, photographers, computer animators, audio technicians, etc.) dancers/choreographers, musicians/vocalists, visual artists (painters, sculptors, photographers, etc.), and creative writers/poets.
Arts on a Roll can be booked for events and recurring workshops. Examples of events and programs include festivals, community days, family gatherings, church events, birthday parties, after school programs, etc. The goal of this program is to provide engaging and affordable arts services to the local community.
- Has least 1 year of teaching experience in their artistic field
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of the elements, processes, skills, and forms of their field and is able to express that knowledge clearly to a diverse audience, from young children to older adults
- The ability to facilitate large group activities while maintaining composure and providing the energy needed to draw in and engage an audience of participants
- A valid driver’s license and the willingness to drive to various destinations in Prince George’s County and the surrounding DC Region
HOW TO APPLY
This is an ongoing call for teaching artists. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Arts.OnARoll@pgparks.com
- Arts on a Roll teaching artists are part-time employees with flexible hours that are scheduled based on the need of the program. Hours can vary between approximately 1 hour in a month and 8 hours in a week. Working with Arts on a Roll is a wonderful opportunity to provide affordable arts services to local communities during the times that best fit one’s schedule.
- The average day will begin at our office in Greenbelt, MD. Teaching artists will take our defensive driving course and drive the Arts on a Roll van to and from events.
- Teaching artists are not required to provide or pay for their own materials.
- Arts on a Roll can accommodate a variety of schedules. While having available time during standard business hours can open our teaching artists up to more scheduling opportunities, we also work with people who have full-time jobs.
- Applicants will need to pass a fingerprint background check initiated by our office during the application process.
- The hourly rate we offer is commensurate with experience, between $15-$22/hour.