What if I have never performed before?
- We welcome all students new to musical theatre!
- All we ask is that you're committed to learning new skills, making friends, being a team player, and having fun!
What should we wear/bring to class?
- Wear comfortable clothes (t-shirts and jazz/yoga pants) and rubber soled shoes (no jeans or hard-soled shoes)
- Bring a water bottle with your name clearly labelled on it
- Bring snacks for class breaks
- If possible, bring a device to record your lessons
Where are classes held?
- Classes are held at The Clarice Smith Center on the campus of the University of Maryland (8720 Alumni Drive, College Park, 20742)
What will the Spring Session include?
- Lessons in acting, singing and dance technique
- Theater history and appreciation
- Field trip to a local professional theater to see a performance
- Master class with a musical theater professional
- Rehearsals for end of session show
- Performance for family and friends