Rules & Regulations
The following rules and regulations have been established for the benefit of all users of theat the Prince George's Sports and Learning Complex to assure the safe operation of the facility. All patrons hereby agree to observe these rules and to obey the instructions of Fitness Center staff. Patrons violating these rules are subject to the revocation of their Fitness Center privileges. Please note it may become necessary to amend or add to these rules and regulations. If this occurs, we will communicate them to you both orally and through signage posted within the Fitness Center.
RulesThe following is a list of rules and regulations for usage of the Fitness Center Studios. Rules and regulations may be added at any time to accommodate new and unique situations. Please consult your physician prior to beginning any exercise program or participating in any exercise classes.
- Appropriate exercise attire is required. Closed-toe athletic shoes and shirts must be worn at all times. No wet suits, rubber suits, denim jeans, jean shorts (cutoffs), dresses or dress clothing are permitted. Unacceptable attire includes, but not limited to: jazz or dance-style shoes, any dress shoes or dress boots.
- All patrons must obtain either a hand-stamp (required for non-PPC classes) or a PPC pass to obtain entry into any classes. The hand stamp does not guarantee a space in class; it only verifies membership.
- All patrons must use the lockers that are provided to store their belongings (coats, shirts, bags, etc.). Other belongings are not permitted in the studio, with the exception of a sweat towel and water bottle.
- Maximum capacity for Studio A is 50 persons including the instructor.
- Maximum capacity for Studio B is 30 persons including the instructor.
- Patrons may not reserve class slots for classes or reserve equipment in the studio for others.
- Do not enter any classes that have a closed sign displayed on the studio door.
- Due to safety concerns, patrons are encouraged to be on time. Late arrivals (10 minutes after scheduled class start time) will not be permitted. Members should take extra precautions entering late or leaving early.
- Please do not use equipment in the studio unless directed by a group exercise instructor.
- No equipment is to be taken from the studio, no exceptions. This includes the moving of equipment from one studio to the other.
- Patrons may be required to use personal towels to wipe equipment clean after use as a courtesy to others.
- Please keep all conversations and distractions to a minimum.
- Only drinks in closed, plastic containers with secure tops are allowed .
- Eating and chewing gum are prohibited.
- Patrons must return any equipment used in the class to the proper storage area after each use.
- Children under 13 are not permitted in the Studios unless under the direct supervision of a paying adult (18 years or older). The ratio of adult to youth remains 1 to 2.
- Any injury occurring in the Studios must be reported to the Fitness Center Staff and properly documented.
- Management, Group Exercise Instructors and other Fitness Center Staff reserve the right to dismiss anyone refusing to adhere to the rules of the facility.