The Fitness Center at the Prince George's Sports & Learning Complex offers a wide variety of health and fitness services.
It boasts a 20,000-square-foot venue with separate areas for free weights, strength training, cardiovascular equipment, group exercise, and Spinning®, as well as a 160-yard jogging track.
The facility and the exercise programs at the Fitness Center have been designed to provide the optimal level of exercise and enjoyment without compromising the health or safety of customers.
Our goal is to provide a safe workout environment and opportunities for people to make educated lifestyle decisions about improving their overall health and quality of life.
- Participants may purchase a membership or pay a daily, drop-in rate.
- The Fitness Center has a no jeans policy; shirts and athletic footwear must be worn at all times.
- Children ages 12 & under are not permitted to use the Fitness Center.
- Youth ages 13-15 must be accompanied by a paying adult when using the Fitness Center. The maximum ratio of adults to youth is 1:2.
- Young adults ages 16-17 must have a guardian accompany them on their first visit to the Fitness Center. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Prince George’s County seniors (ages 60 & up) are allowed access to both the Fitness Center and the Aquatic Center for FREE during Senior Day hours. Seniors must check in at the Fitness Center or Aquatic Center by 12 noon.
Senior Days Hours of Operation:
|Monday, Wednesday & Friday: || 8 am-12 noon|
Exercising with top-of-the-line equipment will help you get the best workout possible. With more than 80 pieces of Cybex and Hammer Strength equipment, there's less time spent waiting around and more time spent pumping iron.
Plug into the wireless entertainment system and let your mind take a vacation while your body reaps the benefits of cardiovascular training. Choose from elliptical trainers, rowing machines, steppers, treadmills, cycles and more! With more than 70 pieces of cardiovascular equipment, there is something for individuals of all fitness levels.
Exercise Orientation/Intro to Fitness Equipment
Each Fitness Center customer may participate in an exercise orientation. You will be taught the proper and preferred use of weight training and cardiovascular equipment to ensure an understanding of basic exercise guidelines. All interested participants must call the Fitness Center front desk at 301-583-2550 to schedule an appointment.