Yoga in the Parks
Yoga in the Parks is a FREE yoga program where classes take place in the beautiful outdoors. Enjoy the peace and serenity of a yoga class in one of our many scenic parks!
Our Yoga in the Park classes will return May 1 at M-NCPPC sites throughout Prince George’s County. Classes are scheduled for one hour and are designed for all fitness levels. Our classes are taught by Certified Yoga Instructors. Find a class at a park near you!
Benefits of Yoga
Yoga is an excellent form of exercise regardless of your age or practice level. It combines body movements, breathing, and mental relaxation while relieving stress and maintains health and well-being. Learn basic moves to strengthen your body and increase your flexibility.
Program Locations & Registration
Registration for each class is required via Parks Direct. Registration opens one week before each class date. No classes on holidays (5/31, 7/5, and 9/6).
Saturdays, May 1-September 25, 9:15-10:15 am
Lake Artemesia (located near restrooms)
8200 55th Avenue
Berwyn Heights 20740
Saturdays, May 1-September 25, 9-10 am
Marlton Park (located near ball court)
8061 Croom Road
Upper Marlboro 20772
Mondays, May 3-September 27, 6:30-7:30 pm
Enterprise Golf Course (located near the barn)
2802 Enterprise Road
Tuesdays, May 4-September 28, 8:30-9:30 am
Watkins Regional Park (located near Central Area Office)
301 Watkins Park Drive
Upper Marlboro 20774
Wednesdays, May 5-September 29, 8:30-9:30 am
Tucker Road Athletic Complex (located near restrooms)
1770 Tucker Road
Ft. Washington 20744
Wednesdays, May 5-September 29, 7-8 pm
Bladensburg Waterfront Park (located near playground)
4601 Annapolis Road
Thursdays, May 6-September 30, 8:30-9:30 am
Woodmore Towne Centre Park (located on turf field)
9200 Ruby Lockhart Blvd
Thursdays, May 6-September 30, 6:30-7:30 pm
Cosca Regional Park (located at pavilion)
11000 Thrift Road
Fridays, May 7-September 24, 9-10 am
Ellen E. Linson Splash Park (located near trail start)
5211 Campus Drive
College Park 20740
Participants must register for classes through Parks Direct and use the Activity codes above or keyword search "Yoga in the Parks". Please see specific class listings for age requirements. Participants must sign a waiver to participate at the start of each class. For more information, call 301-446-6838; TTY 301-699-2544 or e-mail email@example.com.
Classes may be canceled due to inclement weather or wet grounds. Call 301-927-0822 for weather-related cancellations.
- Learn how to set-up a Parks Direct account
- Learn how to upload age and residency verification documents
- Learn how to register for an activity
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least two weeks before the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.
Before You Come to Class
- Do not attend class if you are sick.
- Please bring your own yoga mat and equipment with you to class. No equipment will be provided at this time.
- Online class registration via Parks Direct is required prior to attending class. Children ages 18 and under must be registered by a parent or guardian.
- You must have a Parks Direct account and be a verified Prince George’s County resident in your Parks Direct account to register for classes.
- Please arrive at class on-time. If you are more than 5 minutes late to class, your spot may be forfeited to another participant.
- There is no guaranteed access to water fountains or restroom facilities at class locations; please come prepared.
- Face coverings are recommended while walking to/from the class location, and while interacting with staff. Face coverings are not required during the class.
- Please check-in with staff upon arrival and follow the directions of staff and signs. Participants must remain 6 feet apart at all times.
- Instructors will provide verbal cues only. There will be no direct contact.
- Participants must leave the class area at the end of class- no group gatherings.