What can I do on my property?
Once the zoning classification has been determined by Planning Information Services 301-952-3208, the classification will be in the Zoning Ordinance use table that will list the uses permitted in the zone. The zoning laws also establish certain minimum yard sizes (setbacks), height limitations, maximum percentage of lot coverage, off-street parking, green area, landscaping, and various other requirements.

For more information, please call 301-952-3749.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out the zoning classification of my property?
2. As a county resident, how can I participate in the development review process to ensure the protection of my home and community?
3. What can I do on my property?
4. I have a large parcel of land. Can it be subdivided into smaller lots?
5. My lot has no frontage on a public street. Is there any way I can build on it?
6. Is there a floodplain on my property?